Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saturdays Are Crazy But Great!

Pace= blue
Sarah= pink

I love Saturdays. They usually start with either Sarah or me getting up and cooking a big breakfast for the kiddos
(I bet you can guess who does this most of the time). After breakfast with the family, I hang out with the kids for a couple of hours, watch some College Game Day, and then get ready to head to the church at 12:30 p.m. Family, Food, Football, and Fellowship Church. I love it!!

Today, since Sarah is on the sidelines with a broken pinky toe, I have had to be Mr. Mom. Let me just say, ladies, I don't know how you do this every day. God has given me the grace to do this the last several days, but GNN (good night nurse) I am TIRED. I have cooked breakfast, cleaned the kitchen twice, mopped all the floors in the house, vacuumed, changed way too many diapers, and put a tent up in the backyard for the kiddos, all just in the last 2 1/2 hours. I don't know how Sarah keeps this type of pace. But for now, I am just going to just keep on plugging away. We have some family coming over to give Sarah a bit of help while I am gone. Thank God for FAMILY!!

God is going to do BIG things this weekend at
Fellowship Church. If you are in the DFW area, come check out a service!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

For all us wives out there, I just have to tell you, Pace, that you have just completely exceeded every wife's wildest dreams!! God bless you for working so hard while Sarah is recup-ing!

AnnG said...

Cool new blog....it's nice to see a couple so in love after 10 years of marriage.
I'm looking forward to reading your shared blog!

Heather said...

Crazy that your hubby's name is Pace. That is my youngest name. i've never heard anyone named that. We decided on it b/c it was a madien name on my hubs side of the family. Cool name!

Girl Raised in the South said...

GNN - that comment cracked me up. When Dad had to cover for me, it made him crabby, the kids crabby, even the dog got crabby, so we're glad to hear you're all plugging along. And we're thankful that some family is there to help too. Being this far away when you need help is hard. We're praying for peaceful days, extra patience, energy and strength, and early bedtimes for everyone under 7. xoxo

Pace and Sarah said...

Bev, I have to admit i have definately gotten crabby a bit the last couple of days. In fact yesterday I caught myself losing my temper with Grayson (3yr.old). Sarah got out of bed and limped in to give me an ugly look. Ouch.

Anonymous said...

Pace--you are doing a great job! The tent was a genius idea! And Sarah--We were only with the kids for half a day today and we are praying that we can even wake up in the morning. No wonder Sarah is so little--she never stops chasing the kids. I held Addie for 10 minutes today and had to take a nap. If nothing else --we have all learned what it takes to be Sarah Hartfield (mom of 3 under 6)--and it AIN'T easy!!! Kudos to Sarah-what a blessing she is. We are praying for you this week Sarah---we know that you will need it.
PS--we love your new couple's blog.

Anonymous said...

PS----sorry Fellowship=Dan and Janae

Girl Raised in the South said...

Chris, I'm really laughing now - getting mad at a 3 year old! Been there, done that, they make you a little crazy sometimes and those precious faces God pins on them makes you feel like dirt afterwards. (As did limping Sarah I'm sure.) You're doing GREAT! Allowing yourself to get a bit crabby now and then may be what keeps your sanity through this. xoxo

Lolly said...

Fun to check out the "couples" blog. Sarah, when I first read your blog about a year and a half ago, I was really confused because I wasn't sure who "Chris" was. Glad he has decided to join you. We will see if he is as great a communicator on the blog as your are. Pace, you have lots of competition.

Melody said...

Hey, when I'm sick, I'm happy if the man keeps the kids out of my room! He NEVER cleans up or does dishes...the best I can hope for is that he'll keep the kiddos alive while I rest! LOL.

You are a keeper, and Sarah...you are a blessed woman!